View Single Post
Old 09-13-2009, 03:56 PM   #8
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pafons View Post
My Yorkie is a year old. I had him neutred as soon as the vet said he was old enough--but he marks anyway. He potties outside--these aren't potty accidents, it's marking. And even though I clean the areas thoroughly, he likes the same spots. He knows it's bad (I can tell by the look on his face when I do catch him) but he's Really Sneaky so I am thinking about trying a belly band.
My boy came home on his first birthday. The first thing he did when he came inside was lift his leg on the couch. Luckily I was watching him and just picked him up. The vacuum wasn't so lucky (I wasn't fast enough). Right then I knew this was a habbit that would be hard to break as other YTers have mentioned. Yet I did it! What I did was have him neutered, use belly bands, enzyme cleaner (Nature's Miracle), and the double clap as a combo and it worked for me. I would let him run free inside while I could watch him like a hawk. Whenever he would lift his leg, or squat and lift his tail (both signs of pee pee) I would clap twice and say a firm "No" so he would know that wasn't acceptable behavior. He would also wear a belly band to catch what ever little dribbles he made. If he did pee on something, the enzyme cleaner makes sure there is no left over smell. Just cause you can't smell it doesn't mean he can't. Luckily for me he was quick to pick this up.
Go with what works. If beans in a can doesn't work, try a loud double clap, which is what I used, or just lifting him up and going outside. Every boy is different. For some the can with beans or pennies works, for some the double clap does. They're all different and the hardest part of your job will be to figure out what works for the both of you. Combine that with patients and consistency and you should be on your way. GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 09-13-2009 at 03:58 PM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!