View Single Post
Old 09-10-2009, 07:06 PM   #33
Britster
Action Jackson ♥
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Just thought I'd hop in here . The lens determines zoom. DSLRs do not have optical zoom.

I wanted to mention (since I used to have the D40 and now have the D90) - the D60 may be somewhat limited in lens options (similar to the D40). I can check into this tomorrow for you if you don't understand the following: like the D40, the D60 may require lenses that have their OWN focus motors - IF you are hoping to use Auto Focus, that is. When I was looking at the D60, I think this was the case - similar to the D40.

Do you know what I'm saying by that? Or, do you want me to check for you tomorrow?
I think I understand!

Rather than starting a new thread (or maybe I should?) can anyone tell me what they think of this?

Amazon.com: Used and New: Canon Rebel XS 10.1MP Digital SLR Camera with EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens (Black)

I'm a total newbie to dslr's but I love my Canon and love all the Canons I've ever used so I think I want to stick with them. I know the Rebel is known to be great for beginners as well.

I'm really looking to save as much as possible. Is Amazon a safe place to purchase, do you think? It says it's a EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Lens. I have NO idea what that is so if someone could inform me if that's good/bad, that'd be great, LOL.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!