View Single Post
Old 11-02-2005, 10:41 AM   #2
shecass
YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyflyer1263
Hi everyone,
my senior adopted dog Scooter (just adopted in July) has been drinking so much water lately. He is overweight and was when I got him just a few months ago but he seems to be getting worse with all the water he drinks. He has an appointment this Friday for the vet but I feel it must be diabetes. Unfortunately a few years ago- I had adopted a minpin from a shelter that was about 6 years old. She became suddenly in and I had rushed her to the vet. He informed me after bloodwork that she ahd diabetes, sadly she died that night.
So now that I am seeing Scooter drink all this water- 3 big bowls in a day- I think he has the same symptoms. He got up at 2am this morning and drank so much water that when I picked him back up into the bed, he was so full- he vomited all over the bed. He has been doing this too after all the drinking.
I wouldn't mind if I have to give him insulin, if it turns out he does have diabetes but he just seems to be looking poorly these days. Does anyone else here have any dogs with diabetes? Thanks so much, Margaret in NY

I'm so sorry that your little guy may be sick. I can't be of any help though. Please keep us posted.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!