View Single Post
Old 09-06-2009, 06:25 AM   #10
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by inabowbina View Post
I found this on pancreatitis.

"Multiple factors can contribute to the development of pancreatitis. Certain medications, infections; metabolic disorders including hyperlipidemia (high amounts of lipid in the blood) and hypercalcemia (high amounts of calcium in the blood); obesity; and trauma and shock can be associated with the development of pancreatitis. Middle-aged dogs appear to be at increased risk of developing pancreatitis; as a breed, Schnauzers and Yorkshire terriers appear to be more prone to pancreatitis. Nutrition also plays a role. Dogs with diets high in fat, dogs who have recently gotten in to the trash or have been fed table scraps, or dogs who 'steal' or are fed greasy 'people food' seem to have a higher incidence of the disease. In addition, dogs who have previously had pancreatitis or abdominal surgery appear to be more at risk."

Her LIP is low and her Calcium is LOW so that cant be it can it?
no her lipase would be high usually, amylase would be high, her triglycerides would be high, and white blood cell count would be high - what is the protein count and fat content percentage on the evo as I think both are too high for a toy breed especially if having probs. High protein foods are good for very active dogs and many toy breeds cannot tolerate them and yorkies especially should not be on high fat foods - my dog almost died of pancreatitis so i know alot about that one. There is a specific test for that and it is spec cpli but i think due to 6 mos old your dog is fitting in the liver shunt category with those symptoms and hypoglycemia is common in liver shunt dogs. Get the protein down to 22% and if still having episodes i would get down to 18% protein -fish diets are best as fish is easily digestible so maybe look for a good fish diet like natural balance fish and sweet potato - since a puppy i am skiddish about saying natural balance vegetarian -- have you done protein c test for liver shunt as that could be your next step if you already did pre and post bile acids and when they draw blood have them do spec cpli test also and make sure vet has inhouse spec cpli otherwise it will take 3-4 days to come back from he lab
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!