View Single Post
Old 09-03-2009, 04:09 PM   #4
Nico29
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlDebra View Post
This is still very difficult to talk about for me but all of our dogs grieved when my husband passed last September. They were subdued and moped around with little energy. But they seemed to need a lot more attention, very needy and clingy for a few weeks. If I left the house they became particularly upset. I think they were afraid of losing another loved one themself. One of mine actually howled in the foyer a couple of times, something he never had done before or since. I know he was wanting my DH to return. The first few days they continued to look for him all around the house. It was heartbreaking. I am sure my own grief transferred to them but they miss him too. He was even more of an animal lover than myself. Every dog I brought home wound up bonding to him the most.

My female Yorkie, Sadie, passed after delivering a litter March 09. She was the one that took my DH's passing the hardest. She actually crawled up on the bed with him during his last hours. My son said that Sadie must have had to go so that Dad could have one of the dogs with him too. I cried like a baby when he said that.

I am sure your Dakota and Tank are missing her very much. They love us just as we love them. They will not grieve as long as you, but it may take a few months before they are fully back to normal -- and it may be a new normal, as nothing is ever quite the same after losing someone we love.

I am sorry for your loss. I will pray for your strength and comforting as you strive to get through this time. I just wrote this on another thread earlier, (so many losses.....) but it really helps to remind myself that we will be together again, for eternity. Without that promise, I am not sure what I would do.

What a devastating story. How terribly awful for you and the original poster. I wish I could send you both strength.
Nico29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!