View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #3
skywomanfrom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

I am grinding hind quarters. Actually my boyfriend has a Rottwieler puppy he was feeding raw and convinced me to feed my puppy raw. I asked him why he was grinding the meat. He said he is gonna transition to the hole leg quarter when the jaw muscle is strong enough to chew the bone. The jerky treat is for the rottie (Akia) she is going to be doing Schutzhund so my boyfriend uses this as a treat for part of training. Two weeks and he has my babby sitting, laying down, stay, ring a bell at the door (she gets treat for this but still goes outside) she rings it alot and just wants the treat but this has helped with house breaking. If liver jerky works why change this. She gets a very small amount each time. My boyfriend told me not to overt reat her because the liver jerky is very rich and could upset her stomach. He weighs out his jerky for his puppy and gives me a small amount for the day. My boyfriend told me once her stool settles that I can add one protien a week into her diet. He had me add in 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin to 4 oz of ground chicken leg quarters and split this up over two days four meals a day. She wants to eat more so I give it to her. He tells me not to do this but I don't want her to be hungry. On average I go through 8oz in three days. My concern is I am pretty sure my boyfriend knows the diet requirments for a Rottweiler but is this the same for my little yorkie. He says that they pretty much would eat the same in the wild expect Yorkies would be eating rodents and Rottweilers eat small animals. I know my baby likes this food cause she now won't even look at a bowl of dry dog food. Its funny you mention about inhaling food. She does this and my boyfriend has hand fed her to slow down her eating. I have always thought you should leave a dog alone when they are eating. He told me this is wrong you don't want to have to leave your dog alone when they are eating. He is always playing with her (taking her food-he gives it right back)(has her eating off of his finger) (petting her while she is eating) He said you want to do this cause this is what kids do when they get bit so let the dog know that this in normal and ok. He does this alot more with his dog than mine. FYI he told me about this forum and told me to ask any questions about babby and said lots of people will give you their input on various subjects. So thank you all for reading my post.

Jodie
skywomanfrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!