View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 12:02 PM   #1
skywomanfrom
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Raw Prey Diet Puppy

I have a female 12 week old puppy that I am feeding raw. The question I have is how much should she be eating in a day. I have been told/read two different amounts. First being 10% of actual body weight until it exceeds what 3% of actual weight at full grown. Second being just feed 3% of actual weight. She was the runt of the litter weighing 32oz at 10 weeks. She has been on raw since we got her 10 weeks. I weighed her today and she is 40oz. She eats between 2oz to 4oz of ground chicken (leg quarters) a day. She would eat more sometimes if I let her. I know 4oz is a bit much but hoping it will allow her to catch up a little bit on size. She also eats 2.5oz of ground pork twice a week. 2.5oz of mackerl once a week. She also has eat a half of sweet potato once a week. She also eats about an ounce of liver jerky (treats) every day. This she will do anything for. She has already figured out to ring the bell by the door gets a treat. Is there anyting I can add that will help with tears. Not much of a problem yet but for future reference. Thanks for your time.

Jodie
skywomanfrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!