View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:54 PM   #10
FlDebra
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeykisses View Post
I register my babies no matter what. I frame their registration certificates and hang them on the wall. It's their family tree, and when you register them they are forever recorded in history. AKC has many other benefits to registering them, including a complimentary vet appointment, and tons of information for you, and by registering you are helping support many great programs and
I am pasting some of them here, but you can view them all at www.akc.org.

AKC registration benefits. When new puppy owners register their puppy with the AKC, they will receive more than $100 in registration benefits! Frameable AKC Registration Certificate
Free introductory vet office visit, available with participating veterinarians in the AKC Veterinary Network
Complimentary 60-Day Trial AKC Pet Healthcare Plan*, at absolutely no cost or obligation to the owner. Information will be provided soon after registration.
Free AKC New Puppy Handbook
Reduced rates for pet lost-and-found recovery service enrollment
* Administered by PetPartners, Inc. Underwritten by Markel Insurance Company, 4600 Cox Road, Glen Allen, VA 23060, rated A "Excellent" by A.M. Best Company. Contact Pet Partners, Inc. for terms and conditions. Eligibility restrictions apply. Available to US residents excluding New York. Must be activated within 28 days of AKC Registration Certificate Issued date.
Importance of AKC registration. Registering with AKC is good for owners and good for dogs. As a not-for-profit registry, AKC’s commitment is to canine health, breeder rights, and promoting responsible dog ownership. AKC funds a wide array of activities and initiatives dedicated to our achieving our mission, including: AKC Canine Health Foundation research to treat and cure dog-related diseases
Canine legislation initiatives that help protect breeder rights
K-9 search and rescue programs
Inspections to monitor care and conditions at kennels across the country
Canine DNA profiling that ensures reliable registration records
Education to encourage responsible dog ownership

Additionally, AKC sanctions more than 20,000 competitive dog events each year and provides support for AKC affiliates and programs, including AKC Companion Animal Recovery, AKC Canine Good Citizen®, AKC Veterinary Network, AKC Library, AKC Museum of the Dog and much more!

Hope this is helpful. Sorry so long.
That says it all! More than anything, you are supporting a worthwhile cause! Well done honeykisses!
FlDebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!