View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 06:33 AM   #4
jeanm1963
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennies View Post
Bijou is only 9 weeks old and is going to our vets this morning for her first check up. I've noticed that she has overly runny eyes. I mean, they water so much the bridge of her nose is often damp too. This isn't normal, is it?

She had this when I got her from the foster. I thought maybe it was because she was playing and around the water bowl or the foster cleaned her or something, but it hasn't stopped. I clean her face and an hour later it's there.

She had her first set of shots 3 weeks ago so I don't think its life threatening, but will find out from the vet today. Could it be allergies? I've had her on bottled water and am slowly mixing in our tap water, and I'm feeding the Eukanuba small breed puppy w/cottage cheese like the foster fed, but I'm mixing in a little Royal Canin small breed puppy.

Our appointment's at 11 am so I'll post what the vet says. Anyone else have this issue with their yorkies?

I wonder if it is the food, both foods are not good, I tried Laci on the Royal Canin and she loved it, however her eyes were really runny and her face was stinky... I think it may be the corn that is in both foods..Perhaps before she gets used to that food you could switch her to a better food, like wellness or merricks, eagle pack hollistic.... it has helped Laci ALOT...
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!