View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 02:15 PM   #5
dwerten
BANNED!

my dd is grade 4 lp in back both legs -- her patellas are permanently out and do not move and she is fine. 80% of dogs do not need the surgery - it is only when they are in pain and always lifting the leg that you want to do the surgery -- go see a board certified orthopedic and have him checked out and then you may want to start him on cosequin as many with lp have said that works great -- I don't supplement as dd does not hold her legs up -- she was diagnosed in one leg as a baby and then she jumped off doggie stairs and hurt her acl but we rested her for 5 months and she is back to normal now. No more doggie stairs, no more playing frisbee, no jumping on and off furniture - we are very careful with her. If they have lp they are very susceptible to acl tears and ruptures. DD had digital xrays on both back legs and confirmed the lp are permanently out and the vet could not move them at all - she has compensated with her front two legs nicely and does well. I would not rush to surgery but i would rest the leg if lifting and be cautious as to not further injur acl or leg.

Last edited by dwerten; 08-29-2009 at 02:17 PM.
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!