View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #13
RachelandSadie
No Longer a Member

i feel really bad for you right now, i too am a newly wed and also got sick on our honeymoon. no one to this day knows what was wrong with me but luckily it's gone with some antibiotics i had left over at home...the docs of course not knowing what was wrong didn't try to treat me and so i treated myself and got better, right after that we got Sadie. Sadie at first was a brat. she still nips and bites some, but she's learning and sometimes she bites my ankles and growls at me. sometimes she's just simply playing and i mistake her playfulness for agressiveness. i would make sure you know for sure that this isn't just a playful puppy thing. being so new at caring for puppies its' hard to tell the difference at first and i'm just now learning that she was playing all along and not nearly as aggressive or mean as i thought she was.

my advice to you is this: you need to focus on yourself right now!! i think with your illness you would be doing yourself a huge favor by rehoming your pup to another family with more time, energy, patience, and ability to retrain him. a rescue would be great as well, but if you can place him in a good home yourself that would be better. if you really feel up to the challenge then i think you need a professional trainer to work with you for awhile and learn to train him. but personally i think you would do better just letting someone else have that responsibility and taking time to just focus on your health. being married just recently myself i know how hard it is learning about living with another person in a new situation. add the stress of a serious illness and you have a lot on your plate to deal with, then going and adding a puppy from a bad background with behavioral issues...WHAMMY. i think you took on too much at once and you should just give him up to someone who can take him and get better and focus on the time you have with your new hubbie and yourself.

who knows, maybe one of these days you will become pregnant and have a baby of your own...I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!!!

I'll be praying for you and your family and that you are able to make a good choice for you and your husband. God bless you and make you well.
RachelandSadie is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!