View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 12:37 PM   #13
ally173
YT 1000 Club Member

Smile many thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvMySissy View Post
First - you don't need to add a multivitamin with already giving the vitamineral green. This is a whole food product that you use instead of a traditional vitamin. I would still add the probiotic though.

If you add your own protein to The Honest Kitchen Preference, it will increase the amount of food. Even feeding twice a day, the amount looks small. My girls get Preference as their dinner with approximately 1 oz of cooked Talapia in it. Although that is a small amount of talapia, it pretty much doubles the portion of food. If you broke this up into four small meals, it should work just fine. When you feed a high quality diet, you're giving so much less food than you would think. Keep in mind that if our human stomachs are approximately the size of a hand, just how small their stomachs must be - so even 1/4 cup fills it pretty quickly.

I would definitely not add oatmeal or rice to the food. Rice is difficult to digest normally, even more so when they are having gastric issues. Oatmeal would be a healthier option if you are using steel cut or oldfashioned oats, but not necessary. If anything I would add a little more veggies - like some pure canned pumpkin.

You may want to consider adding colostrum (you can get this from askariel.com as well). You can give this each night, or every other night. It helps build the immune system and they love the taste. Simply take a little warm water and open a capsule on top of it.....
many thanks to you
do i have to introduce 50/50; or give THK 100% directly?
how much colostrum do you give?

Last edited by ally173; 08-27-2009 at 12:41 PM.
ally173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!