View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 10:48 AM   #3
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmperez View Post
Hi
LAcey's temp this morning was 98.9 at 8:40. I just retook it at 11:15 and it is now 98.3. I did not take it yesturday because according to my vet she is only about 53 days, but this morning I just thought I should. I felt contractions like we get when pregnant. last night she went into the cat tree for a little while and when I took her out to go potty last night and this morning I had to pick her up to get her to come inside. She ate all of her breakfast and had a normal stool this morning. No digging not relly restless and does not appear to be over uncomfortable. No milk leaking. What should I look for or do at this point?

Thanks
Sometimes if you lay your hand lightly on their side or belly, you can feel very light contractions for a week or so before the actual labor starts. Appears to be normal for a dog this many days. i don't pay a lot of attention to temps. i used to be faithful doing it and then decided for the few times it is accurate, i would not worry my bitch by taking it. But, i have the advantage of a lot of people. i am retired so I can stay with my girl 24/7. If I were you, I would do nothing at this point other than what you are doing but watch her closely.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!