View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 09:47 AM   #10
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCooper View Post
Hi everyone!

Cooper came out of surgery better than I thought he would. He is very groggy still. Today he ate like he never has before which I thought was odd. He isn't usually a big eater and I normally have all I can do to get him to eat his meals.

They didn't pull his baby teeth because his adult teeth hadn't came through yet. He has to go back to the vet in 2 months for a check up to see where his teeth are at that time to determine that issue.

Cooper tried to run up the stairs and follow me. He got half way and stopped. I didn't realize he was behind me. I picked him up and put him back in his crate. He has either layed with me or stayed in his crate all day. He normally is very loving and cuddly with me but since the surgery he is very distant and scared of me. My husband thinks it is becuase I'm the person who took him to the vet to 'remove his manhood'. Poor doggie! I just feel terrible! I hope he feels better soon. Keeping him from being active will be very hard this weekend.

He hasn't gone potty or drank much which concerns me. He has gone #2 though. I'm going to call the vet.

Julie
When dogs aren't feeling well, they prefer being left alone. Steps are really hard for them the first few days too. Don't let hubby get to you, you only need one man in the house anyway, and Cooper can be your little boy! Death due to injuries related to car accident are the number one cause of death in unneutered males, and you now won't have to worry about Cooper going out and finding another woman! He'll probably be his old self in a couple of days!

Join today and remove this ad!