View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 05:52 AM   #12
sferrini
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardelin View Post
Hyperglycemia can also be triggered by handling....so, be careful in overhandling too. He should be put down in a quiet place, to get a good rest...

Since my girls are raised a bit different, because they were show dogs.....even though they are pets too.....they aren't treated the same way as my pet, pets...they spayed ones....I don't know how to explain it. They are loved, played with, but, never had access to the complete house, never allowed to sleep on my bed or furniture......So, I was not their primary focal point and when it came to having litters they are very reluctant to let go of their pups at a young age....very content to stay with them until the pups go home.

As a matter of fact I just had a recent litter and my recently spayed girl hears the pups crying and she wants to get in the room where they're at. Once a mother always a mother.
Ah, Ha, I did it right! I actually just read that they should not be handled to much because that also causes excitement, also that it could lead to being a spoiled dog. I just told my family NOT to hold him to much they can hold him for a couple of minutes a few times during the day but that is it!!

Having not been a breeder or no anything regarding showing dogs, I do understand what your saying. Since joining this forum I have read ALOT of posts and learning that dogs raised for breeding purposes and dogs raised for show are different and require different types of care.

I have another question for you, I feed my baby 4 times a day he gets about a tablespoon of food or so each feeding with a drop of Karo Syrup on it and then I mix it up. Does that sound like enough food? According to the labels he should be getting about 1/8 of a cup of food a day but I can't find that amount on any of my measuring untensils so I am not sure how much that is.

He is eating 90% of what I put in his bowl and sometimes he eats it all.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!