View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 12:40 PM   #9
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sferrini View Post
Thank you Mardelin, I have read up and am very concerned about hyperglycemia, I actually loss my husband to diabetes, due to low blood sugar. I put karo syrup in his water and on his food. I allow him to play with momma and family for about an hour and then I put his down to rest of on next to me if I am sitting.

I have done some reading on raising singleton pups, since that what he is now and they say it is harder work because they do not learn from their litter mates only momma and she gets tired at about 3 weeks, so I have also been trying to mimic their play and told my family to slow down on holding him all the time as not to spoil him.

I have been letting him roam more since his sister passed last week but ALWAYS keep a close eye on him.

I will do my best to give him AS MUCH mom time as I can, the thing is right now she doesn't spend ALOT of time with him. She is all about me before I leave and when I get home, I have been encouraging play with all three of us before I go to work and when I get home (do you think this is ok?)

thank you all for you help, you are all so wonderful to me.
Hyperglycemia can also be triggered by handling....so, be careful in overhandling too. He should be put down in a quiet place, to get a good rest...

Since my girls are raised a bit different, because they were show dogs.....even though they are pets too.....they aren't treated the same way as my pet, pets...they spayed ones....I don't know how to explain it. They are loved, played with, but, never had access to the complete house, never allowed to sleep on my bed or furniture......So, I was not their primary focal point and when it came to having litters they are very reluctant to let go of their pups at a young age....very content to stay with them until the pups go home.

As a matter of fact I just had a recent litter and my recently spayed girl hears the pups crying and she wants to get in the room where they're at. Once a mother always a mother.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!