View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 10:24 AM   #28
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyyorkie View Post
They are very cute puppies, but as an owner of five Purebreed Yorkies, I must say SHAME ON YOU Continuing to breed for an outcome of mixed breed dogs makes no sense. You are in no way bettering the breed or line but you are adding to the overpopulation of mixed breeds, many of which end up at the pound. It's nice that you want to provide a puppy for disabled people. May I suggest that you get them a gift certificate to the local humane society so that they can give a puppy that is already here, a good loving home. A $100.00 girt certificate is alot cheaper than the $250.00 you say you will sell them for to recoup your costs.
I've just got to say that I personally hate it when someone uses the term "shame on you". If you read the OP's replies, she has been very receptive to considering different opinions on the subject. I remember at one time, I didn't think mixing was such a bad idea, and in fact, all my pound puppies were mixed, and I thought they were adorable. However, when I learned more about the subject, I understood that mixing was a bad idea.

Join today and remove this ad!