View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 09:12 AM   #8
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baxterino View Post
Baxter just got neutered and 6 baby teeth pulled on Friday. I took him in at 9 am and picked him up around 4 pm. When I walked into the vet you could hear him yelping in the back but I think he just wanted his mommy because it stopped when he saw me He was a little out of it Friday night but Saturday morning he woke up and was back to his old ways. It has been really hard to contain him and keep him from running and jumping around, which they told me to do for 10-14 days.

You would never know he just had surgery - he is taking it really well. He just hates the e-collar but really only wears it when I am not around...he hasn't tried to mess with the stitches yet but I put it on him if I leave just to be safe. I joke that, because he doesn't move when I put it on him, he is going to be standing in the same spot I left him in just staring at the wall when I get back
Lol, that's so funny! Get the camera out! When they won't move is a great time to take pictures, and while you may think he doesn't look that great now, someday you will look back and think it's the cutest picture ever!

I'm glad his surgery went well, and Joey's vet said that he didn't have to wear the collar, and I could just put clear deodorant around the incision spot, and this would discourage licking. Some people choose to have them wear baby's one-piece "onesies" so that they can't reach the spot. I wish I'd known about the onesies because after a few days he really needed a bath, but you have to wait 2 weeks with dissolvable stitches.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 08-26-2009 at 09:15 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!