View Single Post
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 AM   #20
BamaFan121s
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Lee View Post
This was a planned pregnancy. I don't necessarily want to better the breed, but I want to better the line (if that makes any sense).
No, sorry, but it does not make sense.. You cannot "better the breed"--the dogs are mutts, not recognized breeds, so there is nothing to "better." (Same can be said for the "line.")

To answer your question regarding which one should be kept for breeding--my answer would be NONE of them should be kept for the purposes of breeding them, for all the reasons that have already been mentioned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Lee View Post
I thought that people came in here to ask questions and learn.
Yes, people do come on here to ask questions and learn. And generally, people who have done their research and who are breeding with the purpose of adhering to the breed standard, they recieve a lot of support and helpful advice. However, when you are breeding without any regard for the breed (or in this case breedS) at all, then you generally will not have many people willing to support your cause and offer advice that would enable you to progress down the path that you are on.

I think it's safe to say that the majority of the breeders here who offer advice and help have spent years dedicating themselves to their dogs and to preservation of the Yorkie. Your practice goes against that, so it shouldn't be surprising that you are not receiving their praise, support and encouragement.
BamaFan121s is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!