View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 04:12 PM   #15
megansmomma
Donating YT 10K Club Member

It is very important to start good grooming practices when they are young. From the time they were young I bathed all of mine in the kitchen sink. Make sure that you gather all of your supplies before you begin their bath and open all of you bottle of shampoo/conditioner. I put a hand towel down in the bottom of the sink so they did not slide around and when they were very small I always kept one hand on them (or their little collar) and talked in a very calm voice and gave little treats. I used a wash cloth to clean their face and the sink sprayer held against the body for rinsing. Afterward I would let them down to run and unwind a little. I also think it is very important that you always groom in the same spot---I always use the top of my dryer as my grooming station. I take the towel that I used to dry them after their bath and lay that on the dryer, plug in my dryer, have my grooming supplies right there and of course a few more treat. It is important that you start and finish the grooming process and not let them think it is alright to fuss so you let them down. Once again I always keep one hand on their body and brush/comb/blowdry. I feel that it is comforting and reassuring until they are use to what we are doing. All three of mine are very good both for me and for the groomer.........but Pebbles will run when she see I am getting the sink ready
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!