View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 08:11 PM   #10
artie merlino
YT 500 Club Member

Love Train, train & train them!

Practice makes Perfect.......Yorkies, especially need to be "TRAINED" to do every thing including being Groomed. Everything from getting their Teeth brushed to being Bathed, shampooing & conditioning, blow dryed etc. Daily brushings at least twice a day? The whole Grooming Routine whether it's done on a daily or weekly basis should be a relaxing experience for both of you! I have 3 Yorkies, 1 male (5 yrs. old) and 2 females that are 4 and 3 yrs. old. They all love to be Groomed, it's like a luxurious Spa Day. You have to understand that it's a Puppy and has to be taught/TRAINED to accept the Grooming process. They all have full long coats and I do all their Grooming, I even use Clippers and file their Nails too. Make sure you are relaxed when you are doing it and make sure that you do not get emotional or frustrated or angry? They pick-up on your Energy so try to make it a positive experience.
Are using the right Grooming Tools and Brushes? That might make a difference? I only stress the importance of mastering this task b/c "Grooming"
is another way to bond with your Pet, besides "Walking" or "Sleeping" with him.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!