View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 05:25 PM   #4
RoxyLuv
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Roxy used to be the same way. Her willingness to be brushed when very young ended suddenly & all she wanted to do was bite/chew the brush. This continued for quite awhile & I calmly persisted that we were going to do this. Eventually she decided it was OK & even seems to enjoy it now.

Bathing at first wasn't welcome at all, but she has gotten better with each bath. She's almost 10 mo now & tonight while I was rinsing she even, she even raised her little chin for me to rinse her face & chin area. I'm like YEA! When I rinse her head area I reduce the water pressure in the sprayer. Make sure she seems to be comfortable the the water temperature. I wrap her in a big towel for a few minutes before I let her go to do her typical floor slithering. It has always seemed to help her to snuggle in the towel for a little while. Of course a little treat at the end is great too.

Keep trying & hopefully she'll realize it's not all a bad thing. Stay calm while working on her. Hoping you have great success after while.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!