View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 07:35 AM   #47
JunkyMonkey618
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjdmom View Post
Personally, I think the real grass/sod would get really smelly really fast. The fake grass does but I throw it in the tub, spray some bleach on it and let it sit and then rinse really good and put outside to dry in the sun. My puppies are doing a great job with it! I highly recommend it. I use a pee pad underneath the grass as with puppies, they pee so little that by the time I get to clean it, it has dried on the bottom. I only have to change the pee pad like once a week as most of the pee actually gets stopped in the grass but I'm sure that will change with time. You certanly could get the fake grass but I have not been able to find it anywhere locally and to buy at homedepot you have to buy a large section - it is sold like carpeting. I don't want to pay in excess of $100 and don't have a place to store it but I would consider going in on it with someone else! I think it was definately worth the $40 - by the way, it's the Potty Patch that I have.
reply to: "Originally Posted by tjdmom
Personally, I think the real grass/sod would get really smelly really fast."

No, the grass/sod lasts for several weeks, especially with with puppies. the 'solids' can be picked up. Since most sod sections have an inch or so of dirt to contain the roots, the urine is absorbed. I also forgot to mention in my original post, I do water the grass to keep it alive. Also by 'exchanging' it with a piece from inside to outside, the rain and air keep it fresh. Of course if you live in the city or an apartment, then you may not have these options but it has worked quite well for me for over 17 years.
JunkyMonkey618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!