Thread: I'm bragging!
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2004, 03:49 PM   #1
Higgin's Mom
YT 500 Club Member

Default I'm bragging!

I'm bragging here, and you'll all just have to put up with me! We just got back from a 5 day camping trip and my little Higgins was SOOOOO GOOOOOD! Not perfect, mind you. No 8 month old rowdy Yorkie boy is perfect, but he was so well behaved in every way. He was very good with my grandaughters, who are 3 and 6. A little reserved with them, which was good, I thought. He enjoyed playing fetch with them, but preferred to stay by Don and me. We stayed at a VERY busy camground, with lots of people, kids, and dogs, and Higgins (big brother Pogo, too) was very good about staying on our campsite, even when he wasn't on his lead occasionally. The only thing he wasn't good about was wanting to rush right out to bark at and play with every BIG dog that came by, though we got some good training in on that point and he was better by the end of our stay.

We met a delightful, but very shy, 4 pound Yorkie camping near us, and his name was YODA! But alas, his owner's name wasn't Fasteddie......Higgins wanted very much to play, but Yoda was definitely not in the mood to deal with an energetic newcomer to the campground. I told Yoda's mom and dad about this site, so I hope they'll come and visit us here when they get home to their computer.

Driving home to Maine today, we were stuck in bumper to bumper vacation traffic. Higgins was interested in looking out the window in the stop and go, seemingly forever line, at the tolls, and spied a big dog in the next car....a spaniel mix, I think....and promptly set up a BIG YAP YAK! The dog in the next car nearly jumped out his owner/driver's window trying to get at the little dog making the big noise.....which just encouraged Higgins to keep the converstation going. It was funny. Went on for about two slow miles. Fortunately, the other driver was as amused as we were....hey, we were stuck in traffic......

It's good to be back to catch up here, watch some of the Olympics on a nice big screen, and restock the camper to take off again next week........

I gotta go read posts! You guys have been busy here!
Higgin's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!