Old 08-21-2009, 02:17 PM   #8
toke
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FidoTheYorkie View Post
Thank you !

Zoey is realy cute!
I agree, she's much more like a Yorkie than Chihuahua
He doesnt like fruits and vegetables much, as he loves food much i cant give him litle bit of carrot, but there is one vegetable that he loves, that is broccoli :P

Is cheese fattening?
I was thinking of giving him litle cheese bits when im teaching him to come of leash and when im teaching him something new

Fido only gets rawhide,not bullysticks, is rawhide fattening?
Thank you for your kind comment about Zoey! I'll have to try broccoli with her, that's a new one. I'm telling you, she loves ALL food...

Cheese is sure fattening for me, lol. As long as you give him little tiny bits, I think it's ok. Better than all that store bought junk, IMO.

My veterinarian is totally against rawhide, because it is not digestible and can swell up in the gut and cause blockage, if it doesn't pass through. According to him, this can kill them if not removed surgically. However...he worries a lot. Many folks use rawhide chews with no problems at all. He scared me out of it though...our pooches are so small and I am known to worry a bit myself.

He's been my vet for about 30 years and had never heard of bully sticks. When I told him what they were he went back and forth between laughing and gagging. I think it had something to do with having one himself...
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!