View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #42
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DvlshAngel985 View Post
I don't think he came from a neglected household, he came from his original breeder and a YT member. But his new living situation is completely different. He use to live out in the country, or an isolated area and now he's a big city boy filled with things I'm sure he never experienced on a daily basis. He went from living in a house full of yorkies to being the only one. He is still cautious of buses, bikes, strollers, and big crowds of people, but I'm working on it. I encourage him to keep walking instead of stopping and trying to hide in the bushes. It's only been three weeks but he's gotten loads better. All I have to say it "you're ok, c'mon" and we're walking again, slowly and cautiously, but we're walking. That's progress right?
Oh, I'm glad to hear that, so you probably aren't going to have any really serious traumatic events to overcome, I think you are right, he's still getting use to his new environment, and this will probably take some time.

We do the power walks with Joey, but we also do the fun/play walks were he is allowed to sniff and pee on ever object. We live next to a park, so we can do the fun walks there, and the power walks are done on the regular sidewalks.

Join today and remove this ad!