View Single Post
Old 08-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #5
Vwitscher
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Just went back and read your earlier post about Roxie's delivery. It wasn't a c-section. Sorry she's having problems and it doesn't sound like a normal delivery. Every singleton delivery my girls have had have been very hard, but there was no yelping until the puppy was coming out. If her pup had a leg or some other part in the canal she may have yelped and then sucked it back up. Maybe once she was fully dilated and enough of the pup was out with a strong contraction things popped fast. There are so many things that may have been the reason Roxie's little guy didn't breath. They say timing is everything and one of the things that comes to mind is how the heart functions. Electrical impulses stimulate the beat. If a strong pressure from outside happens at just the wrong time, the heart won't continue to beat. A little boy playing baseball gets hit in the chest with the ball at just this electrical beat moment and dies moments later.(true story) It could have been something like this since you felt him move just before birth. I am sorry if I am being too analytical but I really do try and figure out what whet wrong so I can try and have it not happen again. The fact of the matter is there really are so many things that can go wrong that if you continue to breed, you will experience this same sadness again. My heart goes out to you both as I'm sure most of the breeders on here bring to the surface the emotional sense of loss when we experienced it and through this site send you an understanding, supportive hug.
Vwitscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!