View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:40 PM   #1
RoxieHart
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Problems after whelping?

I'm not sure if this is normal or not, so I thought I'd ask. Roxie seems to have a slight fever. I can feel the heat radiating through her fur and she just feels plain hot. Is it normal for a dog's temp to be raised for a couple of days after whelping? When I took her to the vet on the 19th right after she whelped, she checked out fine.

Also, she's whining a LOT if I am not constantly petting her. As in, every minute of the day, she has to be in my lap with my hand stroking her, or she has to be in my arms at all times if I'm walking around my house. Maybe this might just be because she gave birth and has no puppies to show for it so her hormones are wacky..? She's extremely attached to me now.

And lastly, she has never panted.. not during labor, whelping, or post-whelping, but she has been shivering constantly. Any ideas? I googled a ton of info but she doesn't have any symptoms of uterine infection or anything else. Her appetite is excellent, no limb stiffness, she's energetic, no abnormal discharge etc..

Sorry if I sound crazy! I'm just very concerned and/or paranoid. I was so upset about her dead little boy and I will literally die if something happens to Roxie. (I do plan on calling the vet in the morning anyway.. but just thought I'd mention it here first)
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!