View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #10
JeanieK
Donating YT 12K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lilyorks View Post
What does breeding Biewer to Biewer mean to everyone?

Let me start by saying what it means to me. I think if someone is breeding Biewer to Biewer only then they have closed their lines to any Biewer that was produced from a Yorkshire or Splitter from the point that they made this statement.

So if someone said in 2006 that they were no longer breeding the Biewer back to a Yorkshire or Splitter and saw this as a mixed breeding (the same as say breeding a Biewer to a Boxer) then no puppies produced from breeding a Biewer to a Yorkie/Splitter should ever be brought into that persons breeding program in my opinion. If in 2007 a Biewer is bred to a Splitter and it produces a Biewer puppy, that puppy is off limits. If in 2009 that Biewer puppy now produces its own Biewer puppies those puppies are still off limits. In 2020 future puppies are produced and there are no signs of Yorkies anywhere on the pedigree those lines are still off limits as they came from a breeding that should have never happened in this persons opinion.

Now since the Biewer is new and no one bringing these dogs over from Germany could control the breeding before coming to America it is understandable that there are Yorkies/Splitters in all Biewer pedigrees. I am not speaking of these dogs. I am speaking of bringing in lines produced from Yorkie/Splitter breeding after someone has said Biewer to Biewer only.

Thoughts?
You do realize that Biewers are Yorkies don't you? They are jsut yorkies of a different color, the same as the parti yorkies. If you breed a Biewer to a traditional colored non-splitter yorkie, you will get traditional colored yorkshire terrier puppies.
JeanieK is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!