View Single Post
Old 08-18-2009, 03:27 PM   #13
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkieMother View Post
Not sure that is sepration anxiety but rather a dog that is over bonded and needs some self confidence.
Rather think that working an appropriate desenstization program for sepratation anxiety be a good idea.
There are a few good ones if you google search.
Plus you need to look into him getting comfortable in short amounts of time with other humans...no easy but it will help.

JL
I go to my parent's house every weekend. That's 4 new faces he sees every week. We've only been there 3 weekends and he's starting to come around. This last weekend he didn't need to be right by me every second. He wandered off to see what my dad was doing in his office, what my mom was doing in the kitchen (and see if he could "puppy dog eye" her into giving him a treat), and then see what my brothers were doing. When satisfied he'd come looking for me and if I wasn't in the house he would pee, or pee soon after I came back. First I want him to be comfortable with them as he will be seeing them often, and from there I'll start incorporating new people.
Oh, we will be going to a meetup this Friday and some other YT members are going too!!

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 08-18-2009 at 03:28 PM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!