View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #5
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
Joey had a few set backs after neutering, and I've read this is really common. I'm not sure why you think this is separation anxiety. I had a rehomed dog with it, and he literally tore the house or car apart if he was left alone, he wasn't attached to any one person, you could hire a babysitter and he was fine, but leaving him alone was terrifying for him. You say he seem fine when you get home, and you are thinking it's anxiety because of the pooping or peeing, but I think this could be related to the neutering. To test for anxiety, you can film your dog while you are away. My suggestion is to wait a week and see if he improves on his own with his potty habits, he may associate the car ride with the trip the vet.
I have left him home with a full house. My mom, dad, and two brothers. They tell me he's not himself if I'm out. He paces, smells my things and cries when he does. He's only happy when he's following me from room to room and sleeping at my feet. I should have included this in my original post.
And the only other person he's ok with is my mom because apparently she sounds like me. He hears her voice coming from another room and runs over to see if it's me. At least that's what I've been told.

Last edited by DvlshAngel985; 08-17-2009 at 03:49 PM.
DvlshAngel985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!