View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 02:04 PM   #1
DvlshAngel985
Donating YT 2000 Club Member

Default It's official, Kaji has seperation anxiety

I had a feeling he was stressed when I would leave, but now I know for sure. I have bought a kong to use and plan on giving him his breakfast in it (kibble with yogurt frozed near the opening to really give him something to work for) when I have to leave in the morning. I had no idea he could be so messy.
His worst was last Friday. I had to leave twice that day, once for a 9:30 appointment, and the second time for a 12:30 appointment. I left at 9 am and came back at 11 and he seemed fine. He had his onesie on so as not to lick his neuter area. I left him in his expen with food, water, his bed and all his things and a fan on because the loft can get warm. When I came back he was happy to see me and only had one little spot of pee on his onesie. No biggie! I washed it, dried it, had lunch accompanied by my two furry friends, Kaji and my roommate's dog Danger, and then got ready to head out to my last appointment. I thought if I left him with Danger, his furry friend, maybe he would be ok, and not miss me as much. So I dressed him up in his belly band and onesie, so neither dog licks his neuter area, closed off areas of the house they could potentially get in trouble in and went on my way. My appointment was incredibly short and I was back in about 40 mins. I walk in to smell poo and pee. Kaji had pooed in his onesie (something I thought he would never do), and he had drenched the belly band (it was so much pee the pad I put in there couldn't contain it all) and his onesie. He was happy to see me but scared and confused at the same time. I had no choice but to bathe him since he smelled horrible.
On my way to my parents house, he was quiet and acting normal, when he decided to sit on my lap. I usually don't allow it but I did that day. Two seconds later, he peed on my lap. I thought there would be no way he would pee any more since he had just soaked the pad, belly band and onesie so I thought I was safe until his afternoon walk after all the goodies my dad would give him. That was a nasty surprise.
I dropped off my pee drenched puppy at my parents and when off to buy doggie shampoo (the pee got all over the place), nature's miracle to clean my car seat, and a kong which I was sure I was going to need eventually. I also called the vet and asked her if she thought it was a possibilitySince then he has had 3 more accidents inside. One in the kitchen on Friday after I stepped out to grab something from the car, another Saturday morning, and the last one today after I stepped out again.
Sorry for the rant but I really needed to get it off my chest. Any advice?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!