View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 08:50 AM   #33
cj125
Mia, Max and Moe's Mom
Donating Member

Here's my

Yes, mistakes were made on both sides.

Maybe the lady with the stud isn't doing this intentionally, but she did have a responsibility to get this paperwork done in a timely manner... not to mention, she should have had the grandsire/granddam's paperwork in order "prior" to studding this guy out.

Personally, I'd tell her that due to the course of events that you would not feel comfortable giving her a puppy. You would, however, give her a "stud fee" out of the money you receive from "selling" one of the pups.

I agree that she did not fulfill her obligation with the paperwork - and it doesn't matter whether they're AKC or CKC - you were told that you would get some and she still hasn't provided them.

I think giving her a small stud fee is plenty. She couldn't have been too worried about actually getting the puppy if she hasn't even been over there to see them. So, ultimately, paying for what services were rendered is all I'd worry about. If she doesn't agree - oh well!

I know you're worried about the moral issue and I agree with you that it would bother me too, but placing the puppies is your ultimate concern.

Best Wishes!!!

Oh, where are the pictures of those babies?
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!