View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
JunoLover
Yorkie Talker

Default Not eating!! Please Help!

Hi everyone,

So Juno had been fine with eating his kibble, until approx 1 wk ago.
He normally ate in the morning before i left for work. I would leave him in his pen with food and water (he normally had an empty bowl when i came back from work), and then i would feed him at 645pm.
I have noticed that for the past few days, he has been really picky. He comes and sniffs the bowl, then walks away. He may have a few bites of kibble, then walk away. I feel like i have to chase him down to eat. He will play and drink water and be normal.

Well, i was told by ppl to put the food down, and if after 5 min, he hasnt ate, pick the bowl up. Well, i did that (broke my heart) and put him to sleep. I thought that in the morning, he would be super hungry, but he did the same thing. So i left food in his bowl and left for work. Came back home, and it was still full! And at dinner, he had a few pieces of kibble, thats it.

Is it b/c he doesnt like his food? This morning, i took his liver treat (100% pure beef liver, freeze dried), and crushed it and put the powder in his kibble. He ate the whole bowl! Is it safe to do that with every meal? The liver treat is the size of my pinky nail (all crushed to a powder).

Pls help!
JunoLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!