View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 05:41 AM   #3
harleyyorkie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Marking your feet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellaandhelen View Post
What's going on? Yesterday, out of nowhere, Baci (who ia 2 y/o male, neutered, rehomed to me about a month ago) started raising his leg to try and mark on my friend Kelly's feet - twice! She was barefoot. And then he tried to do it to me later last night (I had on socks- we had just gotten back from our evening walk). He has been really good about pottying on pads or outside for the most part. He only had one bad day marking in my dining room- and that was when my little girl Bella was sick and getting a lot of attention a week ago.

I don't know why he suddenly started doing this. Is this in any way normal? I don't know why he would try and mark on a person. What do I do?
My Scooter marked my husband & I several times, even though he is fully housebroken & neutered. He has also marked the two other yorkies ( right on their heads). He has marked a new toy once or twice. I think it is their way os saying "mine". I treated it the same way as a potty accident, sharp verbal correction and take him outside to potty area. Scooter is very territorial and in his mind, everything & everyone is his. I'm sure he will mark the two new puppies that are coming, at least once to "claim" them as his, amongst the rest of the gang. Consider yourself "claimed"
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!