View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 01:19 PM   #4
bjh
Donating YT 5000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurebeauty View Post
Since this question is brought out, I want to post my question as well.

I got my Biewer all imported from Germany, and I become a very good friend with the German Breeder. We both have the idea that breeding Biewer back to the Traditional Yorkie or the splitter to bring out more different bloodline in the Biewer. I also had two splitter that Imported from Germany as well.

Recently, when I join the Biewer talk, another forum talking about Biewer. Those breeders only believe in breeding Biewer to Biewer, as what they said it's more pure and they can possibly have AKC recognize as it's own breed. And they become very defended to people that doesn't believe the same thing.

My question is, I don't know which is better for the Biewer, so I would like to know more opinion from a different view.
I think your question is basically what the OP was was trying to get more input on. I don't own Biewers and I am not that familiar with them but I feel that those people that are trying to develop the Biewer into a breed of its own should do lots of research. Someone should know how many Biewers there are registered in each club and how many different lines are out there. If there is just one club that is advocating breeding only Biewer to Biewer then they should have the answers. I would think that lots of research would need to be done before that decision is made. It might be helpful also studying how other breeds were developed. If you cut the gene pool off to soon then you could end up having genetic problems years down the line.

I can tell you right now, it is my opinion that the Biewer will never be recognized by AKC unless all the different clubs here in the U.S. can start getting along and start working for the better of the breed. I remember 35 years ago when I was showing St. Bernards I was a member of a St. Bernard club in Houston but there was also another St. Bernard Club and AKC would not sanction either club because the two clubs would not work together because the presidents of each club could not stand each other. People need to put aside there personal differences and work for the betterment of the breed.
bjh is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!