View Single Post
Old 08-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #3
treasurebeauty
Yorkie Yakker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
You bring up a very good point. Do you know how many Biewers are registered in the U.S.? Without being familiar the all the pedigrees of all the Biewers a person would not know how big the gene pool is. If all the Biewers that are currently in the U.S. are all from the same lines then it could potentially be a problem years from now. Your question is one that should be thought out carefully by those that are trying to develop the Biewer into a breed of its own. Research should be done on how other breeds were developed and at what point was the gene pool cut off.

I feel that line breeding is the best way to go in establishing type but eventually ever breeder needs to bring in unrelated genes every now and then.
Since this question is brought out, I want to post my question as well.

I got my Biewer all imported from Germany, and I become a very good friend with the German Breeder. We both have the idea that breeding Biewer back to the Traditional Yorkie or the splitter to bring out more different bloodline in the Biewer. I also had two splitter that Imported from Germany as well.

Recently, when I join the Biewer talk, another forum talking about Biewer. Those breeders only believe in breeding Biewer to Biewer, as what they said it's more pure and they can possibly have AKC recognize as it's own breed. And they become very defended to people that doesn't believe the same thing.

My question is, I don't know which is better for the Biewer, so I would like to know more opinion from a different view.
treasurebeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!