View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #37
JunkyMonkey618
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Make your own "Potty Patch" cheap and easy

Make your own!!!
Back in 1992 when my new Chihuahua' pups were just 8 week & 10 weeks old, we set out for a week vacation and would be enroute for a 16 hour RV ride to Daytona Speedway, Since we didn't want to stop frequently, our resolution was to buy 2 large cookie sheets & two pieces of sod. That's right, real grass at your local co-op for $2.50! The oldest pup has paper trained when we got her and she was an immediate convert and the other pup just followed her lead.

Because that worked so perfectly, in '95 when Peso has her first litter, I took two underbed storage boxes, made a cut-through from one to the other and then taped them together. As the pups started moving to the end of their crate to eliminate, their natural instinct to distance themselves led them to the sod. As that piece got 'dirty' I would take it outside and replace it with a fresh piece. Later when it came time to teach them to go outside, I took them to the 'used' sod and in no time they were 'outside trained'. In all the many litters since, I have never had had a 'paper trained' dog or house training problems on any pups ever and the buyers have always been tickled to get a pup that is outside ready! My babies are all oldsters now, 17, 15, 15 and 14 and my next pup will be a Yorkie. I look forward to reading your posts. Thank you and Good luck!
JunkyMonkey618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!