Thread: Ants!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 09:31 AM   #6
Nancy1999
I ♥ Joey & Ralphie!
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by manina View Post
We had them very bad at the start of the summer , I got Ant traps twice, haven't seen one since it took around a week , but I had traps every where , but I had to hide them from the furbabies, every once in a while , one of them would bring one to me.
bark@ulater!!!!!!
manina,miley,max
I love ant traps, and they work great for me. They say to replace them every three months, but I usually do it just once a year. Of course, if you see new ants you should replace them at that time. There are three basic kinds of traps, one is for ants that like oil, the other is for ants that like sweets, the third kind will attack both sweet and oil loving ants, and this is the one I use. If the ants go after dog food, they would be considered oil loving, and certain ants are very specific in what they eat. The great thing about the traps is that you don't need to spray, I am so apposed to sprays, I realize some people don't have any choice, but feel like this should only be done on the outside of the home, never the inside. You do have to hide the traps because dogs will be attracted to them, but you don't need to put them near his bowl, or you could set them near the bowl while he is at work with you. This would only take a few day, because usually in three days, there is no sign of any ants, even if you leave food out. The best thing about the traps, is unlike spays, they don't kill the ants on contact, they work by allowing the ants to take the poison back to the nest, and this kill the who colony, instead of just the ants that enter your home. Since dog's noses are so close to the ground I believe that sprays used in the house can adversely affect their health. In my experience, it seems like those people who sprayed their homes the most, had dogs with tumors the most, and anything that poisons one organism has to be harmful to others. Do not let your dog ever chew on a trap, and setting the food dish on a plate of water is very helpful.

You can buy ant traps at home improvement stores or Target, and even grocery stores. They have indoor and outdoor traps, and the ant stakes are great for outdoors.

Last edited by Nancy1999; 08-10-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Nancy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!