View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 03:01 PM   #1
meglaulanmar
YT Addict

Default Need prayers and help

Ok gals... some of you remember me. I haven't been active on here in a while. My husband has end stage bone cancer at 39years old. Anyway... I have a problem and I thought if anyone could help me it would be yters. I tried a golden page for this but haven't had any success. Here's the story:

My husband is going through experimental 'monoclonal antibody' treatment for his cancer. This treatment is WAAAAYYY worse than any chemo or radiation has ever been. I believe he is going to make it.... cuz I have to... but this is the first time where I have had doubts. Anyway, he is asking for his mother (she is 80yrs old) and wants her to spend a month w/ us. He has never ever asked for this....so it worries me. Anyway... we got her a golden retriever for a companion.... Molly... she's fixed. She can't leave Molly.... or bring her here because I am SEVERLY allergic (i'd suffer through if it wouldn't put me in icu w/ an asthma attack). She is on a fixed income, living alone. We normally could help here, but while we finally got the military to pay for the experimental treatment.... we are out tremendous amounts on travel to new jersey for a couple of days every week. I don't think w/ back to school and the treatment related expenses that I could board her at a training facility. I am praying hard that God will open someone's heart so that they open their home to this dog for a month..... so that a dying army Major can see his mom for what might possibly be (although I'm praying and believing it won't be) the last time. She is fixed. She is almost a year old.... and a sweetie. We had her for a couple of months trying to see if I could live w/ the allergic reaction.... which I couldn't ... but she was around our yorkie... and while clumsy then... they loved each other. She has not been around cats...so I don't know there. If anyone has any ideas... or knows an amazing giving 'dog' person in south mississippi.... around the gulf coast... please pm me. It is so hard to ask for help... but I guess God is teaching me sometimes we have to put our pride aside... when it is for the greater good. Thanks for listening.
meglaulanmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!