View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 07:57 AM   #1
Rocky-Baby
Yorkie Yakker

Default 4 month old yorkie bit HOLE in DH's finger!!!

So I've posted numerous times about my now 4 month old yorkie male who has had many issues with biting. I've posted around my numerous attempts - the clicker, the yelping, the crying (crying makes him jump at your face!!), the yelling as loud as possible "NO"!, sour apple spray (he liked ALL of the "no bite" sprays!!! :wtf) the time out method in the bathroom, in his crate, or simply leaving the room where he was as to show him that 'biting will get you no attention'. Time outs lasted no more than 10 minutes. That didn't work - he'd come out more hyper than ever! Next was the spray bottle method - as I read in here, no more than 3 sprays per time and a direct shot to the face or else he sees it as a game. Seemed to be working - but still a chore. We even had a trainer come for a two hour session to help us with the dog (yay! he can now sit on command, but can bite your lip off! ) Yesterday, he was playing fetch in the yard with hubby - and began chewing on a piece of *something*. Hubby, not sure what it was, went to check his mouth and Rocky BIT RIGHT THROUGH HIS FINGER! It was bad enough that it could've used a stitch! I've never seen this man bleed this bad - he was with a friend, who said he literally heard the "crack" of the breaking skin (hubby has big, TOUGH, skin - not an easy feat to break through!). Now I'm at a loss. I know everyone keeps saying they get better and neutering helps - then the billions of "have you tried this?" to accusations of under-training. But I've tried EVERYTHING in the book with this dog - if he doesn't cut this biting down I'll have to give him away... I'm scared to hold him!

What's sad is, me and my DH found out I have a rare autoimmune disease on top of severe endometriosis - so we bought this pup as sort of a baby replacement... to get our mind off of kids (we've been together for 7 years, married since October 5)... our luck has just been so bad and this is just breaking our hearts... please - have some good news for us... someone with a miraculous evil yorkie turned sweet heart over night?
Rocky-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!