View Single Post
Old 08-08-2009, 06:54 AM   #9
kalina82
Phantom Queen Morrigan
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt_noonie View Post
Thanks Nancy. I don't think it was an overnight thing, she's been doing it for a while. She loves corn, but I don't know if sh'es allergic to it, but most dogs are, so I'm assuming she is too. I switched to Wellness which doesn't have corn. Also I eat wheat bread, and it's really hard not to give her any, I don't. Just those puppy dog eyes! Dang those! LOL

How do you give an oatmeal bath? Other than shampoo with oatmeal, I've never heard of a straight oatmeal bath.
There are lot of oatmeal shampoos out there. I particularly like Espree shampoo (we use it in our grooming shop too and it works great).

I know what you mean about the coconut oil. it is expensive to try. I wish i could give you a sample of ours if you lived closer.

I would really try to stop giving her the bread, as it might be causing the problem. No grains at all for her for a few months and see what happens. if it doesn't help, then you can go back to giving it to her.

Have you tried giving her benadryl? if so, did it help? If you want to try an antihistamine, you can ask your vet for one. When i worked in general practice the vets prescribed hydroxamine for general allergies a lot. There is also an allergy test you can do (i think it might be over $100 tho) to find out what exactly she is allergic to. If its serious enough, with the results from the test, the company can make an allergy vaccine that needs to be given on a schedule to help Uni get over her allergies. the shot is given every week at first, then every 2, then 3, then 4, then 6, then 8. It does help a lot with a lot of dogs and cats and eventually its only needed every few months. Sometimes if its seasonal allergies the dog will need to get it every few weeks again but then it gets tapered off again.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!