View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #2
Wylie's Mom
Furbutts = LOVE
Donating Member

How old is Uni again?

Besides the face, itching anywhere else? Licking/biting paws? Watery eyes?

It's hard to say...the change to Wellness could help. This sort of reminds of Wylie - when he was younger, omg, it seemed like he was matting SO badly and was more cottony or something. When I switched to cooking, then raw - his coat really changed. But I don't mean you have to switch to that at all...just saying that sometimes, diet does help. Like you mentioned it may take awhile - up to 3 mths possibly.

If this is seasonal/enviro (do you watch pollen.com? ragweed is bad here right now) - you could try some antihistamines and see how that goes. There are different ones you can try - and you'd want to try each for 7-14 days before switching. If you have Childrens Benadryl on hand, you can give 1mg/pound. I have a list of the other antihist. and dosages from my Vet Derm - so I can always get you more options, if needed.

From there, depending on so many things, Atopica, Temaril-P, and steroids come into play. If you think she needs BIG relief and right away, then a steroid shot would be the answer. But, if you think you have time - then I'd vote for waiting for the diet to see, and trying anithists.

What about trying to put the Ark Oil on bread...have you tried that? I may have mentioned that in a previous post. I hope she feels better...I truly know how frustrating this can be...

°¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨° Ann | Pfeiffer | Marcel Verdel Purcell | Wylie | Artie °¨¨¨°ºOº°¨¨¨°
Wylie's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!