Thread: Is this a scam?
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 09:44 AM   #41
smartpuppiepets
YT 1000 Club Member

Wink

I was almost scammed with this once....
These people from NYC contacted me ... we agreed that since i do not like to ship we could meet half way... many phone conversations and e-mails to this point ... then they sent me 2 money orders form USPS ... hubby works there... it got suspicious as instead of one money order with the amount we decided, the sent 2 money orders and about 400.00 overpayment. Of course i called them and they told me it was a mistake and i could just bring them the "left over cash"... or do a wire transfer since the puppy was not yet old enough to go home... Making a long story shorter.... the money orders were fakes, if i had cashed them , USPS would come back to me and demand money from ME !!!!
we went to the police and they could do nothing... as soon they figured out we had found the M.O. to be fake they disconnect the cell phones... blah , blah , blah... i am blessed i did not loose my puppy and money !!!!
I still get many phone calls from the relay service, and politely i would invite them to come to my home as i do it with anyone else... interesting ... they decline !!!
whenever i am offered to be paid by certified check i decline... these are harder to verify ...
Also the police advised us to never receive overpay , unless you are doing all the shipping... it makes no sense to send other people money to arrange shipping since you are the best person to do it !
It is a scam !!!!
I even checked references with the NYC people... vet references and all... lies !!!!

Be Careful !!! I still have the fake Money orders... my trophy !!!! USPS changed their money orders tracking system now and they are safer ... you can check them at any usps ... even with that i am suspicious !!

XOXO
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!