View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #6
xoxodoglover89
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjsmiles View Post
I am curious if you all find the recommended feeding amount on the bag of kibble to be way more than your dog eats?

Reggie has been in Royal Canin since he was a puppy because that was what the breeder had him on. I was waiting to switch him to something that I felt was a better grade of food until he graduated to adult food. I had tried some Wellness puppy samples, giving them to him as treats and he loved it. Last month I bought a bag of the RC adult and got him off puppy food. This past week when I went to buy dog food we started the switch to Wellness. I have been giving him 50/50 of each kind for a week now and have been slowing increasing the amount of Wellness in the mix.

Anyways, on the RC he would eat anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2 cup of kibble per day. Since I started mixing the 2 foods he has been eating about 1/4 or a little more per day. He also has gone from having 2 BM's a day to one on most days but it doesn't smell bad like it did before. I think he likes the Wellness fine but I also think he has just oveall been eating less because of the hot weather. Even when on the RC he was eating way less than what the bag recommends. He weighs 10 lbs.

Is it normal for little dogs to eat way less than the bag says?

It's nice to find someone who has a dog like mine! Sasha eats usually 1/4 cup of food a day. When she was a puppy, she ate I believe 3/4 cup total for the day. She's almost 2 and now only eats 1/4. Depending on when she finishes it, sometimes I'll give her 1/8 of a cup in the evening just to hold her over until the morning, so at most, she gets 3/8 of a cup. She really isn't a big eater. She's currently eating Innova EVO and is doing very well on it.
xoxodoglover89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!