Thread: Oh no, I'm not
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #13
sarahheartmaddy
BANNED FOR TAKING MONEY AND NOT SHIPPING PRODUCTS SOLD!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOY View Post
LOL, Sarah ... then I would have two!

I ordered it as soon as I left the thread. Taffy gets being spoiled from mocking me, I'm afraid. In spite of my age I still pretty much follow the "I want it and I want it now" mentality.

It's just a good thing that the things I "want" are usually a book or such. However, there was that one time I asked to drive my husband's new car to work and he flippantly told me to get my own. (We'd only been married 4 years and his was the first new car in our marriage. The car he had when we married had a stick and I had never driven "his" car since I only drive automatics. The new one was a gorgeous "automatic" and so sparkly new...LOL)

That afternoon I called him and started the conversation by saying, "Guess where I am!" (LOL) I enjoyed that new car probably more than any other one I've owned but it was not a well thought out purchase to say the least! Young and foolish? Yeah, but it made it interesting every time we wondered whose car we were taking on a trip!

We've never had two new cars at the same time again which is a good thing but he did learn that I don't react well to being told no. Although it was an unusual reaction on my part since I was 35 at the time. I think I might have been reacting to the whole "you're not the boss of me" or something. It was one of the craziest things I've ever done since I'm usually a very grounded, "serious" person.

I prefer to think rather than being a rebel, I was trying to teach him the importance of sharing...LOL (Gosh, I hadn't thought about that escapade in a long time!)

Haha, you sound just like me!!! I am the kind of person who would do the same thing. I wish they would hurry up and tell us who our Buddies are!
sarahheartmaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!