View Single Post
Old 08-02-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
Sugar's Mom
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ihave4Beauties View Post
See what I have come to learn is that many people dont know that the one piece of paper that really matters is AKC. To ppl all they care about is that they have papers. My male came with ACA papers, which I was later told is the #1 company after the AKC. I gotta say they arent easy to get into. CKC & all these other companies from what I have looked into they register any dog. Most pet shops will buy from ppl who had a litter & dont have papers so they arrange the paper work themselves.

I know the CKC ask for pics & 2 witness signatures as "proof" of the breed. The ACA, will NOT dual register unless they have papers from the CKC 1st, & then they request their own pics & go through some process to determine that the dog IS the breed specified.

The reason I know this is b/c my lil girls mom wasnt papered & thats the process her owner went through so we can make sure that Ya-Ya was papered with the ACA.

Its easy to open a registry company & take any dog, b/c at the end of the day people just dont know that the ONE registry that matters is the AKC,but not all dogs are allowed to be registered with them, so other companies will do it so ppl can sell puppies for the outrageous price that they do. Thats what I think!
UKC (United Kennel Club0 and AKC are the top two registeries and the oldest, most elite.. They are about the same age. UKc first got started with hunting dogs now they have classes for everything, agility, conformation and etc. they have big premier show in kalamazoo, Mich every year is equal to some of the larger AKC shows. The top ten dogs of every breed are invited to compete. The other registeries mentioned aren't worth the paper they are written on and AKC will not register a dog from these. But beware, just because a dog is registered AKC doesn't mean you have a top of the line dog either. many people falsely belive this. Not so. Paperss are not worth anything anyway unless you are planning on breeding and showing. My show dogs are dual regisstered. UKC and AKC. I show in both venues but mainly in UKC. To regisster your dog in UKc, you must first register him/her AKC or it has to be born from two UKC parents. All my other dogs that I am not showing are strictly AKC.

Last edited by Sugar's Mom; 08-02-2009 at 07:09 AM.
Sugar's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!