View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 04:47 PM   #13
goldie1104
Yorkie Talker

Default too cute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pa Yorkie Mom View Post
Our Pistol was named after a Yorkie my DH got me 25 years ago for a wedding present. One day when my first puppy was 16 weeks old he crawled into my husbands work boot to take a nap. When DH put his foot in his boot he discovered the pup inside and said " If I would have been in a hurry you would have been a sorry son of a gun " So he was registered as Daddy's Sorry Son of a Gun. His call name was Sorry. Sorry passed away shortly after due to a congenital heart defect . I had known about the defect but fell in love and bought him anyway. The breeder offered to sell me another puppy from a litter she had due in a month, but it was to soon for me.Well life happens and I never got another Yorkie, I always talked about getting one but couldn't bring myself to actually contact a breeder. Well this year was our 25th wedding anniversary and my DH surprised me with a Yorkie as my present, just as he did 25 years ago. I decided to name him after my beloved first Yorkie and registered him as Mama's Sorry Son of a Gun. Now I wanted a call name that kind of went with the gun theme. I had plenty of suggestions, AK, Derringer, Smith and Wesson, just to name a few. Well one day the new pup was running around the house stealing socks and running away like a maniac. My son said " He is a little pistol " and it stuck. It met my criteria of gun related and to be sure he is a pistol.
what a beautiful story and thank you for sharing....i am so glad you have a Yorkie again. many blessings with him. and congrats on your 25th anniversary, mine will be 20yrs in november
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!