View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 11:21 AM   #4
Mardelin
Mardelin Yorkshire Terriers
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahBelle View Post
So I have a friend in the neighborhood who bought a female yorkie. She wanted to breed it to make back the money she spent to buy her. So she does not want to spend ANY money on a stud service so she agrees to give stud owner pick of the litter instead. Her dog gets pregnant and has only two pups. Friend is upset because she wants a big litter obviously for the money. Her dog has one male and one female and of coarse the stud service takes the female. She then hears that the more they get pregnant the bigger the litters get. She can't wait for the next heat cycle! She has dollar signs in her eyes.
Next pregnancy she paid the stud service. She is so excited because she thinks her dog looks much bigger so there must be a lot of pups in there! I told her to go get the dog x-rayed so they know how many there are and they will know when she is done birthing. She cannot bring herself to spend ANY money! She never does the x-rays. Dog starts to give birth and out come three dogs. What she doesn't know is that her dog continues to be in a hard labor all night long with a last pup that is coming out breech! She just thought the dog was done and they went to bed. In the morning she sees her dog with a little leg sticking out. Again, she will not spend ANY money on the dog and she is afraid if she takes the dog in, it will need a c-section and she will not pay for it. So they pull the baby out. It has long died and my friend is upset because it was a female pup which could have sold for more!
I just feel like her dog is just a money making machine. It breaks my heart. When I had my dog spayed she thought I was nuts! She said it is the easiest way to make money and I am so dumb to not do it. I wish this kind of thing was illigal. The snarky side of me kind of wishes she has a hard time selling them so she might learn her lesson. I know that is horrible to wish, but it has been bugging me

I don't know much about the breeding business, but I think what she is doing is called backyard breeding? What do you all think?
I think it's pretty clear.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!