Thread: Pancreatitis
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 08:17 PM   #12
dwerten
BANNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandracz View Post
Bailey has chronic pancreatitis too and I also consulted with a holistic pet nutritionalist. Bailey is on Natural Balance Fish & Potato, we also give him 1 oz of cod a day, canned pumkin, green beans, supplements and he he takes synovi vitamins for his LP. Bailey has has IBD, so he can't have chicken. He's been ok for 2 months since he's been on this diet (fingers crossed) but it's been expensive. I'm willing do do anything and pay anything to keep my baby alive tho. The supplements are very important because the help to digest and process the food. The holistic pet nutritionalist name is Susan Davis and I highly reccommend her. Here is her website information. Holistic Veterinarian Pet Nutritionist Holistic Pet Care She does phone appointments too, which is how I did Bailey's appt. She is very thorough. Good luck!
white potato is inflammatory so not good for dogs with inflammatory bowel disease to be on a white potato diet

Dr. Perricone's List of Pro-Inflammatory Foods - Oprah.com

my 3 vomit white potato so many dogs cannot tolerate white potato so it builds up in system and they start throwing up - i use to pill my dd with white potato and after metacam messed her up she now cannot eat white potato, dex has ibd and has always vomitted on white potato diets, and demi i have given white potato and she throws it up and she has not health issues. Just a thought as sweet potato is better than white potato
dwerten is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!